Saturday, July 24, 2010

Catch a Christmas Star (Anne Sutton)



Hello!


Linda's quilt and her cute cat!


My friend Linda and I just got our quilts back from our local Quilt Show. Members quilts are displayed for a month at our local museum as part of their list of changing displays. This year was a special year as it was the quild's 25th anniversary! There was a weekend show at a local hotel with vendors and classes with Pam Holland. I was away with my dragon boat team at the Peterborough International Dragonboat Festival, so I missed out on the festivites at home.

The guild has judged and non-judged quilts. This year, Linda and I entered our quilts, non-judged. Her's is above beside Anne's! ( I've tried to attach the picture of my quilt 5 times, I'll add it as a separate post...uggggg..)
I bought the pattern and we challenged ourselves and split up the blocks into a block of the month, with the goal to have the top finished for our guild's Christmas meeting and the quilting done to enter into the Quilt show. Her challenge, as a new quilter, was to pick her colour choices. She choose to have it resemble the original pattern,
We had a lot of fun and it gave us a chance to meet once a month to show how we had done our block.

I see a few people have done something similar, and of course those "a-longs" are the same too, I guess.
Enjoy your weekend, take care, Leslie







1 comment:

  1. Oh Leslie and Linda, I am in love with both of your quilts! What a great job you did! I loved that you used your stash, and Leslie I love the little things you changed. WONDERFUL!

    Catch A Christmas Star was my very first block of the month and it will always be special to me. Thank you both for making these quilts with your own special fabrics and touches! May they bring blessings to you every Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visit and saying Hello!